2017 Agronomic Crops Scout Schools
- 2010 Soybean And Corn Variety Trial Data 3
- Rice Variety Trial Results For 2010, Plus Rice Research Report 0
- Evaluation of Peanut Varieties in Mississippi, 2010 0
Mississippi State University will be hosting 4 scout schools this year. We have transitioned over the years to make these trainings much more diverse than insect pest alone. This year we will be including insects, disease, fertility, and herbicide symptomology. There will be numerous hands on displays of insects pests, herbicide symptomology in all major row crops, and fertilizer characteristics. Scout schools are free of charge and welcome to anyone who would like to attend. Each instructor will cover topics and provide useful information for the experienced as well as the novice. Also, there is no need to preregister, just show up.
- 9:00-10:00 Insect Pest Identification of Major Row Crops in MS (Angus)
- 10:00- 10:30 Sampling Techniques and Thresholds (Jeff and Don)
- 10:30 – 11:00 Corn and Sorghum Growth Stages (Erick Larson)
- 11:00 – 11:30 Fertilizer types and uses (Bobby Golden)
- 11:30 – 12:00 Lunch (Provided)
- 12:00 – 1:30 Diseases of Cotton, Corn, and Soybeans ( Tom Allen)
- 1:30 – 3:00 Crop Injury and Off Target Movement/Spray Tips (Darrin Dodds & Jason Bond)
- 3:00 – 3:30 Soybean and Peanut Growth stages (Trent Irby and Jason Sarver)
Scout Schools will qualify as In-Service credit for MSU-ES agents, renewal of Insect, Weed, and Disease sections of MS consultant’s license, and qualify for CEU hours. We hope to see you there!